Community

Postdoc Webinar Highlights
Community, Event, Post-doctoral no comments

Postdoc Webinar Highlights

We held our postdoc webinar this week with over 125 people online watching – did you catch it? Or maybe you followed along on Twitter? If you did you will have heard all the great tips and advice our panellists gave out for developing your postdoc careers in mental health research – whatever that looks…

Guest Blog – 3 first steps to building a workplace culture that supports mental health research in social services
Community, Pre-doctoral no comments

Guest Blog – 3 first steps to building a workplace culture that supports mental health research in social services

Guest blog By Rachel Murphy Having successfully completed a mental health research fellowship, social work manager Rachel Murphy is now setting up systems to make North Yorkshire Council ready for a lot more research. In the process she has generated much more interest in and support for research from across her organisation. In this blog…

Community, Explainer, PhD, Post-doctoral, Pre-doctoral no comments

Top tips for your next mental health research funding application

Our GROW programme participants loved Dr Rachael Kelley’s tips on putting together a great funding application for mental health research so we’re really happy to be able to share Rachael’s valuable experience and advice on putting together a great research funding application with the wider community of mental health researchers. In this 16 minute presentation,…

BABCP Conference 2023: The start of the Incubator Roadshow
Community, MH research network, PhD, Post-doctoral, Training no comments

BABCP Conference 2023: The start of the Incubator Roadshow

If you were following our Twitter feed last week, you’ll know that our coordinator Bea was out at BABCP – the annual conference of CBT practitioners. It was fantastic to see there’s a real emphasis on the importance of research in the psychological professions generally (that really made our little Incubator hearts sing!). BABCP was…

AHPs in mental health research – Q&A
Community, PhD, Pre-doctoral no comments

AHPs in mental health research – Q&A

Following a recent article by Dr Eleanor Chatburn on engaging with research as a clinician, two allied health professionals (AHPs) working at Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust (TEWV) have provided an overview of their own research journeys to-date. Ask an AHP! We all know allied health professionals (AHPs) play a vital role…

Psychological Therapists – we need you in research!
Community no comments

Psychological Therapists – we need you in research!

By Layla Mofrad and Richard Thwaites Since 2008, the creation of NHS Talking Therapies (previously known as Improving Access to Psychological Therapies – IAPT) has led to the training and development of thousands of new psychological therapists and practitioners who are now working across a wide range of physical and mental healthcare settings.  These practitioners…

I’m a mental health researcher outside academia, is the GROW Programme right for me?  – Eva Schoenwald
Community, GROW programme no comments

I’m a mental health researcher outside academia, is the GROW Programme right for me? – Eva Schoenwald

DID YOU KNOW: you don’t have to be a university researcher to apply to the GROW Programme! GROW 2022 alumnus Eva Schoenwald wasn’t sure what to expect when joining the programme as a senior quantitative researcher at the government-funded research centre What Works for Children’s Social Care. In this blog, Eva shares how she found…

Newsletter sign up

Newsletter sign up

By clicking sign up I confirm that I have read and agree with the privacy policy