Nurses, midwives and allied health professionals (NMAHPs) with doctorates often find themselves back in full-time clinical practice following their degree with no dedicated time for research. This free event from the Research Design Service (RDS South-Central) provides advice and help for NMAHPs and their managers on managing the transition from doctoral to post-doctoral research.
What will be covered?
• Working with your manager to further develop and embed research within your department
• An overview of the research ecosystem
• From doctoral to post-doctoral to independent researcher: building your academic credentials through publication, grants, networking, collaboration and team building
• Developing NMAHPs: mentorship and capacity development
• NIHR fellowship programmes
• NIHR Research for Patient Benefit and Research for Social Care schemes
• Charitable and other funding
• Research funding applications: writing tips
• Training and development plans
The event comprises a series of presentations, a Q&A panel and optional one-to-one sessions. Space will be provided for optional poster presentations so that attendees can share their doctoral and other research work.
Date / Time: Thursday 20 April 2023, 08.45-16.00
Optional one-to-one sessions with RDS advisers available from 4.15pm
Places at this event are limited. It is being hosted by the RDS South Central, so priority will be given to researchers from the south central region (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Oxfordshire).
The Research Design Service is part of the National Institute for Health and Care Research. We provide free, confidential advice to those thinking about or planning health or social care research: www.rds-sc.nihr.ac.uk
Where will it be held?
Presentations will be delivered in-person from Southampton. But there will also be a number of “satellite” venues where attendees meet together to watch the presentations being livestreamed. All venues will give attendees the opportunity to network, share poster presentations on current research and have 1:1 sessions with RDS advisers to discuss next steps. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Register here: maintaining-momentum-2023.eventbrite.co.uk